Monday, July 11, 2011

I Love Lamp

Hi everyone!

I have found some fabulous vintage treasures but for the most part, things like awesome lamps, furniture and accessories have alluded me. I rarely luck up into finding anything cool at yard sales for instance, but I've always put that down to me being lazy and not searching hard enough.

So the Fates were smiling upon me this past Saturday as I was taking the husband to work and drove past a house on my street having a yard sale. They had your usual junky "cleaning the house out" stuff but I slammed on the brakes and spun around as I saw something amazing peeking out at me over their white picket fence:

I know, RIGHT?!

Isn't it gorgeous?! And wouldn't you know it, it is in beautiful shape. The shade is perfect, it works and is right this minute sitting beside me looking awesome. My husband turned up his nose at it and I told him he was nuts. I also told him that I love this lamp so much that if our house ever caught fire, I would grab this lamp, take it outside and then come back for him. :P

I love lamp. Literally.

5 comments:

  1. Great lamp! Lucky score- I have no trouble finding lamps but awesome shades like that are much harder to come by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooooooo COOL!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new post just popped up in Reader. Glad to hear you are still with us.

    That lamp would go beautifully with my living room furniture. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classic but looks modern now days! I guess this lamp is a luxurious piece :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Circle 7-2099! I appreciate your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails